The Fact Tactics™ Fluency Program
Building Reasoning Skills for Multiplication in Grades 3–6
Support students in developing a deep understanding of multiplication by emphasizing procedural fluency to develop automaticity in mathematics. This book will lead you through a 20-week program that utilizes six tactics to promote reasoning over rote memorization.
- Understand the six tactics for completing the Fact Tactics Fluency Program.
- Discover how to seamlessly integrate the 20-week program into mathematics instruction.
- Give students the tools they need to transcend recall of basic facts and gain procedural fluency so they can explain and justify their thinking.
- Gain the process, resources, and assessments to implement the program.
- Learn how to support a deep understanding of mathematics beyond the 20-week program.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Making Sense of Fact Strategies for Multiplication
Chapter 2: Promoting Grounded Fluency With the Fact Tactics Fluency Program
Chapter 3: Engaging in the Fact Tactics Fluency Program
- Week One: 3 x 4 or 4 x 3
- Week Two: 3 x 6 or 6 x 3
- Week Three: 4 x 4
- Week Four: 4 x 6 or 6 x 4
- Week Five: 6 x 6
- Week Six: 3 x 7 or 7 x 3
- Week Seven: 4 x 7 or 7 x 4
- Week Eight: 6 x 7 or 7 x 6
- Week Nine: 7 x 7
- Week Ten: 3 x 8 or 8 x 3
- Week Eleven: 4 x 8 or 8 x 4
- Week Twelve: 6 x 8 or 8 x 6
- Week Thirteen: 7 x 8 or 8 x 7
- Week Fourteen: 3 x 9 or 9 x 3
- Week Fifteen: 6 x 9 or 9 x 6
- Week Sixteen: 8 x 8
- Week Seventeen: 4 x 9 or 9 x 4
- Week Eighteen: 7 x 9 or 9 x 7
- Week Nineteen: 8 x 9 or 9 x 8
- Week Twenty: 9 x 9
- Week One Assessment
- Week Two Assessment
- Week Three Assessment
- Week Four Assessment
- Week Five Assessment
- Week Six Assessment
- Week Seven Assessment
- Week Eight Assessment
- Week Nine Assessment
- Week Ten Assessment
- Week Eleven Assessment
- Week Twelve Assessment
- Week Thirteen Assessment
- Week Fourteen Assessment
- Week Fifteen Assessment
- Week Sixteen Assessment
- Week Seventeen Assessment
- Week Eighteen Assessment
- Week Nineteen Assessment
- Week Twenty Assessment
- Dixon, J. K., Brooks, L. A., & Carli, M. R. (2019). Making sense of mathematics for teaching the small group. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Dixon, J. K., Nolan, E. C., Adams, T. L., Brooks, L. A., & Howse, T. D. (2016). Making sense of mathematics for teaching grades K–2. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Dixon, J. K., Nolan, E. C., Adams, T. L., Tobias, J. M., & Barmoha, G. (2016). Making sense of mathematics for teaching grades 3–5. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.