Five Disciplines of PLC Leaders
Outstanding leadership in a professional learning community requires practice and patience. Simply trying harder will not yield results; leaders must proactively train to get better at the skills that matter. This book offers a framework to focus time, energy, and effort on five key disciplines. Included are reflection exercises to help readers find their own path toward effective PLC leadership.
- Help other educators clarify their personal vision for the PLC and align daily practices with their goals.
- Explore strategies for cultivating individual and team-level autonomy within a culture of accountability and high expectations.
- Learn how to create a culture of service that begins with the leader.
- Understand how to lead a balanced work life that energizes yourself and others.
- Foster networks of commitment within the community.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Professional Learning Community Leadership: Disciplined Leaders Required
Chapter 1: The Discipline of Vision and Values
Chapter 2: The Discipline of Accountability and Celebration
Chapter 3: The Discipline of Service and Sharing
Chapter 4: The Discipline of Reflection and Balance
Chapter 5: The Discipline of Inspiration and Influence
Epilogue: The Professional Learning Community as a School Movement
- Analyzing the Vision Development Process
- Decisions and Affirming Sources
- Double-Loop Learning and 2a Thinking
- Personal Vision Test
- Study Guide Chapter 1
- Accountability-Celebration Matrix
- Adult Behaviors Within the Vision and Values Boundary Box
- Moving Vision Into Action
- The Accountability and Celebration Model for Continuous Improvement
- Tiers of Accountability and Celebration to Vision Action
- Study Guide Chapter 2
- Building Communities of Practice
- Care Enough to Confront
- Knowing Your Team History
- The N-S-E-W PLC Sphere of Influence Chart
- Study Guide Chapter 3
- Dos and Don'ts for Email Use
- Five Strategies for Movement Toward and Along the Flow Channel
- Hurry Sickness Checklist
- My Best and Worst Leadership Days
- Professional Learning Community Flow
- Task Priority Management Tool
- The Pendulum of PLC Leadership Focus and Engagement
- The PLC Energy Quadrants
- Study Guide Chapter 4