Concise Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Professional Learning Communities at Work™
Get all of your PLC questions answered. Designed as a companion resource to Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™ (3rd ed.), this powerful, quick-reference guidebook is a must-have for teachers and administrators working to build and sustain a PLC. You and your team will turn to this invaluable reference tool again and again as questions and complications arise along your PLC journey.
- Receive concise answers to frequently asked questions about becoming a PLC.
- Address the four critical questions that guide teacher collaboration through the PLC process.
- Review essential PLC vocabulary.
- Understand the qualities educators need to cultivate in order to harness a collaborative culture.
- Outline what students need to learn, and ascertain how to react when students either do or do not learn it.
- Gain tips on additional PLC books to read to dig deeper into the topics covered in this book.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Remodeling Your School: The Unexpected Obstacles
Chapter 1: Laying the Foundation: Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
Chapter 2: Fostering a Collaborative Culture
Chapter 3: What Do We Want Our Students to Learn?
Chapter 4: How Will We Know When Our Students Have Learned It?
Chapter 5: How Will We Respond When Some Students Don't Learn and When Some Do?
Chapter 6: Defining the District's Role in the PLC Process
Chapter 7: Addressing Consensus and Conflict in a PLC
Afterword: It's a Journey, Not a Destination
- Glossary of Key Terms and Concepts
- SMART Goal Worksheet: American Government
- SMART Goal Worksheet: Eighth-Grade Mathematics
- SMART Goal Worksheet: Third-Grade Team
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Board of Education Vision Statement”
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Collective Commitments—Board and Admin Team”
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Collective Commitments—Faculty”
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Collective Commitments—Parents”
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Collective Commitments—Students”
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, "Collective Commitments—Support Staff”
- All Things PLC
- All Things PLC, "A Data Picture of Our School”
- All Things PLC, "Moving School Improvement Into the Classroom With SMART Goals” by Dennis King
- All Things PLC, "Realistic SMART Goals” by Rick DuFour
- All Things PLC, "Team SMART Goals vs. Smart Students” by Rick DuFour and Becky DuFour
- All Things PLC, "What Is the Sequence of Goal Setting in a PLC?” by Rick DuFour and Becky DuFour
- Fairfax County Public Schools, "Mason Crest Elementary School: Mission, Vision, Collective Commitments, and Goals”
- School District 54, "Ensuring Student Success”
- All Things PLC, "Data Analysis Protocol”
- National Center for Education Statistics, "NAEP Questions Tool”
- National School Reform Faculty, "Free Resources”