From Master Teacher to Master Learner
As we gain access to more and more knowledge and information online, the future will belong to those who are powerful, literate, curious learners. That means emphasis in classrooms must move toward helping students develop the skills, literacies, and dispositions to be powerful, self-organized learners. Teachers who are themselves master learners in new, modern contexts are crucial to making that happen.
- Understand the ways in which the modern, connected world fundamentally impacts the work of teachers.
- Explore the differences between a culture of teaching and a culture of learning in classrooms.
- Create ways to bring online tools such as Twitter and blogs into your classroom and professional practice.
- Reflect on the changing expectations of literacy.
- Understand how learning changes in online networked spaces.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Teachers as Learners First
Chapter 2: Qualities of Modern Learning
Chapter 3: Qualities of Modern Teacher-Learners
Chapter 4: The Toolkit for Teachers as Modern Learners
Chapter 5: The Future of Teaching and Learning
Appendix: Reading List