Professional Learning Communities at Work™ in International Schools
Transform your school into a high-performing, student-centered PLC. Tailored specifically to international schools, this resource will guide you through every aspect of PLC implementation. The book's contributors are all international-school educators with firsthand experience successfully reculturing their schools into PLCs. They offer real-world examples, strategies, and techniques for taking your school from good to great.
- Get a compelling, accessible narrative to grasp PLC problems and solutions.
- Read the book cover to cover or select chapters for minilessons.
- Gain reproducible tools you can use in your own schools.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreword by Richard DuFour
Introduction: Making the Case for Professional Learning Communities in International Schools
Chapter 1: Building a PLC Culture in International Schools: A Superintendent's Perspective
Chapter 2: Understanding the International School Student
Chapter 3: Understanding the International School Teacher
Chapter 4: Creating a Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum in International Schools
Chapter 5: Creating a Learning-Focused International School
Chapter 6: Creating an Inclusive International School
Chapter 7: Harnessing the Potential of Singleton Teachers in International Schools
Chapter 8: Building a Progressive International School Through the PLC Process
Chapter 9: Learning From the Jakarta Intercultural School Story
Chapter 10: Transforming the Singapore American School
- Figure 4.2: Sample Criteria for Evaluating a Standard
- Figure 4.3: Essential Standards Chart
- Figure 8.1: Form for Students to Make Meaning of the Learning Process
- Figure 9.1: Team Self-Assessment Rubric
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Weber, C. (2009). Pyramid Response to Intervention: RTI, Professional Learning Communities, and How to Respond When Kids Don't Learn. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Weber, C. (2012). Simplifying Response to Intervention: Four Essential Guiding Principles. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., & DuFour, R. (2011). Leading Difficult Conversations. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., & Many, T. (2010). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour R., & Eaker, R. (1998). Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Enhancing Student Achievement. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Hansen, A. (2015a). How to Develop PLCs for Singletons and Small Schools. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.