How to Cultivate Collaboration in a PLC
Collaborate for schoolwide success. Establishing a collaborative culture can significantly impact student achievement and professional practice. With this how-to guide, you'll gain clarity on the work of teams in a PLC and uncover the elements of effective team development. Discover skills and behaviors that individuals and teams can improve regarding communication, facilitating data conversations, and managing consensus while working together.
- Consult case studies that illustrate the problems that teacher teams may face as they collaborate and how to address them.
- Evaluate the stages that teams will move through as they collaborate to reach agreement.
- Consider step-by-step processes for cultivating effective collaboration.
- Determine the responsibilities for each member of a collaborative school team.
- Explore the behaviors teachers should commit to in order to foster productive listening and participation among teams.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Dispositions
Chapter 2: Process
Chapter 3: Roles and Responsibilities
Chapter 4: Skills and Behaviors
Chapter 5: Conclusion
- Aligning the Curriculum and Common Assessments
- Continuous Improvement
- Critical Issues for Team Consideration
- Developing Collective Statements
- Diagnosis and Design for Facilitators
- Ending the Meeting and Evaluating Effectiveness
- Facilitative Leadership Competencies
- Interactive Tools and Strategies
- Interest-Based Strategy
- Rate Yourself as a Team Player
- Reinforcing Norms and Evaluating Team Effectiveness
- Slip Sliding Away
- Team Clarity Tool
- All Things PLC
- Emergenetics International
- National School Reform Faculty at the Harmony Education Center, "North, South, East and West: Compass Points”
- Thinking Collaborative, "Energy Sources Team Self-Assessment Survey”