In Praise of American Educators
And How They Can Become Even Better
Explore the state of education today. In this thought-provoking book, the author presents a compelling case for why contemporary American educators are the greatest generation in history. He carefully explains why current national reform policies have failed and presents specific steps policymakers, administrators, and teachers must take to transform American schools to meet student needs in the 21st century.
- Critique the commonly presented media messages about schooling in America.
- Consider the evidence for why the present generation of American educators has accomplished more than previous generations.
- Evaluate the assumptions driving policies set up to improve schooling.
- Discover the four essential pillars of the PLC foundation.
- Learn the essential elements of the PLC process and common mistakes in implementing that process.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Educators Under Attack
Chapter 2: The Phony Crisis
Chapter 3: The Firings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
Chapter 4: Learning From High-Performing Countries
Chapter 5: A Word About Teacher Unions
Chapter 6: Laying the Foundation of a Professional Learning Community
Chapter 7: The Imperative of a Collaborative Culture
Chapter 8: Providing Students With Access to a Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum
Chapter 9: Assessment to Inform and Improve Professional Practice
Chapter 10: Ensuring Every Student Succeeds
Chapter 11: The Principal as Lead Learner
- Figure 9.1: Sample Assessment Results
- Figure 9.2: Data Analysis Protocol
- Figure 9.3: Protocol for Team Analysis Prior to Teaching a Unit
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School
- All Things PLC, "Finding Common Ground in Education Reform”
- All Things PLC, "Highland Elementary School Master Schedule”
- All Things PLC, "Middle and High School Intervention Examples”
- All Things PLC, "See the Evidence”
- Kildeer Countryside School District 96, "2014–2015 Curriculum Frameworks”
- School District 54, "Mission and Goals”