Responding to the Every Student Succeeds Act With the PLC at Work™ Process
The authors of this book showcase how to make the most of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) by fully committing to the PLC at Work™ process. Learn how professional learning communities (PLCs) can be integrated with the ESSA education bill to improve student learning.
- Gain a brief history of United States education.
- Assess what roles federal and state governments play in K–12 education with the adoption of ESSA.
- Understand the importance of using the PLC at Work™ process to respond to ESSA.
- Review the strategies and mindsets teachers, district leaders, and states should implement to enhance student learning.
- Consider the right work PLC schools at any level should engage in to support student and adult learning.
- Study indicators of school-level accountability and system accountability, as well as an accountability framework states should use to promote school improvement and success.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: A Brief History of Education Oversight in the United States
Chapter 2: The Passage of ESSA
Chapter 3: How States Can Respond to ESSA
Chapter 4: One School’s Response to ESSA
Chapter 5: A View From the District
Chapter 6: How States Can Transform Opportunity Into Action
Chapter 7: The Path Ahead for ESSA
Epilogue: What to Do Now
Appendix A: Sample School-Level Accountability Indicators
Appendix B: Sample System-Level Accountability Indicators
- Data Analysis
- Data Analysis Protocol
- A Data Picture of Our School
- The Foundation of Anywhere High School
- Parent Commitments
- Staff Interview Questions
- Turning Data Into Information
- DuFour, R. (2015). In Praise of American Educators: And How They Can Become Even Better. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.