Monthly Extensions to Challenge Proficient Students in a PLC at Work®
Take the guesswork out of question four within the PLC at Work® process. Enhance your students’ learning experiences with in-depth strategies for a more personalized learning approach. Gain the tools you need to preassess your students and deliver instructional strategies to further their learning.
- Recognize the purpose of question four within the PLC at Work process: What do I do when they already know it?
- Rethink instruction to empower students to further their learning.
- Implement a variety of strategies for students to show what they know.
- Use a different strategy each month and choose what works best.
- Fully implement question four by combining the strategies that best suit your classroom.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Showing What I Know With Inventories and Curriculum Compacting
Chapter 2: Showing What I Know With Multiple-Choice Quizzes and Choice Boards
Chapter 3: Showing What I Know With KWL Charts and Alternative Assignments
Chapter 4: Showing What I Know With Student Questions and Question Formulation
Chapter 5: Showing What I Know With Drawing and Badges
Chapter 6: Showing What I Know With Skimming and Gaming
Chapter 7: Showing What I Know With Projects and the Hook
Chapter 8: Showing What I Know With Unit Tests and Problem-Solving Teams
Chapter 9: Pulling It All Together
- Concepts, Vocabulary, and Ideas That Students Will Learn
- “I Already Know It” Inventory Student Worksheet
- “I Already Know It” Contract
- Collaborative Team Brainstorming for Student Questions
- Student Questions Preassessment
- Team Roles for Student Questions
- Student Questions Handout
- Directions for Student Questions
- Question 4 and Common Assessment Best Fit
- Question 4 Feedback Ranking
- Question 4 Overall Ranking
- Question 4 Yearly Unit Plan
- Question 4 Score Sheet
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Kramer, S., & Schuhl, S. (2017). School improvement for all: A how-to guide for doing the right work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J. (2016). The Marzano compendium of instructional strategies. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Marzano, R. J. (2017). The new art and science of teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Weichel, M., McCann, B., & Williams, T. (2018). When they already know it: How to extend and personalize student learning in a PLC at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.