It's About Time
Planning Interventions and Extensions in Secondary School
- Learn to build time into the school day to support students who need intervention.
- Read accounts of secondary school educators who have successfully implemented response to intervention practices.
- Understand the challenges of creating intervention time, and gain tips to overcome them.
- Access resources to support your school's or district's intervention policies.
Carve out effective intervention and extension time at all three tiers of the RTI pyramid. Explore more than a dozen examples of creative and flexible scheduling, and gain access to tools you can use immediately to overcome implementation challenges. This book is full of examples from real schools that have achieved these results without using additional resources or extending the school day.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Harnessing the Power of Time
Chapter 1: Making Time for Interventions During Core Instruction
Chapter 2: Co-Teaching the RTI and PLC Way
Chapter 3: The Most Effective Intervention Is Prevention
Chapter 4: Three Doses of Intervention and Acceleration
Chapter 5: A Promise to Learn at High Levels
Chapter 6: Creating Plus Time and the Culture to Use It
Chapter 7: The FLEX Schedule
Chapter 8: Building and Sustaining a Culture That Supports Learning for All
Chapter 9: The Power to Change Lives: Creating a Secondary Intensive Reading Intervention Model
Chapter 10: Maximizing Student Learning Through a Compassionate Response to Intervention Model
Chapter 11: From a Last Resort to a Model School of Choice
Chapter 12: Personalizing Learning Through Online Interventions
- Course Description: Figure 3.2: Guided Studies Syllabus
- Figure 3.1: Campus Watch Referral Sheet
- Figure 3.3: Invitation to a Parent-Student Conference
- Figure 10.4: Procedure to Place Student in Supervised Study
- Figure 10.5: Daily Self-Reflection Form
- Figure 10.6: Biweekly Assessment Form
- Supervised Study Student Placement Form
- Figure 11.2: Sample Student Profile
- Figure 11.3: Daily and Weekly Behavior Point Sheet
- Figure 11.5: Schoolwide CHAMPS
- Figure 11.7: PBIS/CHAMPS Observation Form
- Figure 11.10: Behavior Rubric
- Figure 11.11: Office CHAMPS