Uniting Academic and Behavior Interventions: Solving the Skill or Will Dilemma
Solving the Skill or Will Dilemma
Ensure students acquire the academic skills, dispositions, and knowledge necessary for long-term success. The authors examine effective academic and behavior supports and offer a step-by-step process for determining, targeting, and observing academic and behavior interventions. You’ll discover how to work in collaborative teams using a research-based framework to provide united and simultaneous interventions to students at risk.
- Realize the role behavior plays in students’ academic performance.
- Identify the academic skills and knowledge, academic behaviors, and social behaviors necessary to developing a successful learner.
- Learn to simultaneously administer academic and behavior interventions to students at risk.
- Understand the need to make sure students are prepared to work independently and cooperatively and possess the academic skills and creativity to compete in the future job market.
- Gain intervention strategies to foster lifelong learners.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: The Chicken and the Egg
Chapter 1: Building the Foundation
Chapter 2: The Five Students and Their Schools
Chapter 3: Protocols and Problem Solving
Chapter 4: Uniting Core Instruction and Interventions
Chapter 5: Uniting Skill and Will With Supplemental Interventions
Chapter 6: Uniting Core Instruction and Intensive Remediation
Chapter 7: Getting Started and Getting Better
- Monitoring Through CI/CO
- RTI at Work Pro-Solve Intervention Monitoring Plan—Tier 1 and Tier 2
- RTI at Work Pro-Solve Intervention Targeting Process
- RTI at Work Pro-Solve Intervention Targeting Process—Tier 1 and Tier 2
- The RTI at Work Pyramid With Learning Outcomes and Intervention Intensity
- Progress-Monitoring Chart
- RTI at Work Pro-Solve Intervention Monitoring Plan—Tier 3
- RTI at Work Pro-Solve Intervention Targeting Process—Tier 3
- Tool for Creating a Site Intervention Team
- Universal Screening Planning Guide