Growing Global Digital Citizens
Empower your students to become global digital citizens who effectively and ethically contribute to the digital world around them.
- Discover the characteristics of global digital citizens and what these citizens stand for.
- Consider the limitations of conventional acceptable-use policies and instead embrace ethically driven digital citizenship agreements.
- Learn how to address the various stakeholder communities involved in developing students into global digital citizens.
- Use tools and rubrics for gauging the effectiveness and progress of your global digital citizenship practices.
- Complete global digital citizenship assessment frameworks.
- Review digital citizenship agreements for students at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, as well as for professionals and the wider community.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Evaluating Your Acceptable Use Policy
Chapter 2: Uniting Digital Citizenship and Global Citizenship
Chapter 3: Crafting Digital Citizenship Guidelines
Chapter 4: Developing the Teaching Community
Chapter 5: Developing the Student Community
Chapter 6: Developing the Wider Community
Chapter 7: Growing Global Digital Citizenship
Appendix A: Global Matters
Appendix B: Activity Sheets
Appendix C: Digital Citizenship Agreements
- Figure 1.1: Digital Citizenship Analysis Tool
- Figure 1.2: Community Involvement Rubrics
- Table 1.1: Comparing Traditional Acceptable Use Policies and Ethically Based Digital Citizenship Guidelines
- Figure 2.2: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric—Personal Responsibility
- Figure 2.3: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric—Global Citizenship
- Figure 2.4: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric—Digital Citizenship
- Figure 2.5: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric—Altruistic Service
- Figure 2.6: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric—Environmental Stewardship
- China’s Growing Consumer Waste Challenge
- Does Foreign Aid Always Help the Poor?
- Empowering Global Citizens to Improve the World
- Has Responsibility Left the Building?
- Inside the World’s Biggest E-Waste Dump
- Latest Ocean Warming Review Reveals Extent of Impacts on Nature and Humans
- The Sandwich Man
- The True Cost of Digital Piracy
- “What-Ifs” Surrounding Social Media’s Role in Nicole Lovell’s Death
- Digital Citizenship High School Agreement
- Digital Citizenship Middle School Agreement
- Digital Citizenship Personal Guidelines
- Digital Citizenship Primary School Agreement
- Digital Citizenship Professional Guidelines
- Crockett, L. W., & Churches, A. (2017). Mindful Assessment: The 6 Essential Fluencies of Innovative Learning. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.