Developed specifically for grades 3–5, this resource presents classroom-tested lessons that help take instruction and learning to the next level through the use of technology.
- Appraise how 21st century notions of literacy differ from traditional notions of literacy.
- Consider research that states why it is crucial to include digital tools in today’s classrooms.
- Learn how to enable students to create, communicate, collaborate, share, reflect, and assess through digital means.
- Gain step-by-step instructions for incorporating easily implemented digital tools into classroom practices, and see these tools and practices in action through vignettes.
- Receive tips for adapting the suggested digital tools and instructional strategies to meet the needs of different content areas.