Jackie Ramsay-Tolman, MEd, is the director of learning and instructional impact for the Essex Westford School District in Vermont. As a former classroom teacher, special educator, and principal, she brings deep knowledge, passion, and empathy to her work.
Jackie Ramsay-Tolman, MEd, is the director of learning and instructional impact for the Essex Westford School District in Vermont. As a former classroom teacher, special educator, and principal, she has worked within all grade levels (preK–12) and brings deep knowledge, passion, and empathy to her work.
With nearly three decades of experience working in three different districts, Jackie is able to bring best practices to the “boots on the ground” level and to identify and develop plans that advance systems, teaching, and learning for all students. She guides schools to model status through a practical and inspirational integration of technical and cultural components to ensure high levels of learning for all. She also pairs a comprehensive understanding of complex change to lead sustainable systemic shifts that withstand the test of time.
Jackie is nationally certified by the Center of Educational Leadership and AASA as a principal supervisor and mentor. A lifelong learner herself, she is also a graduate of the Margaret Waddington Leadership Initiative for education professionals through the Center for Creative Leadership and serves as adjunct professor in the MEd program at Saint Michael’s College. She has been nominated for the AASA Women in School Leadership Award, the Vermont Innovative Educator Award, and the Vermont LifeChanger award. She serves as a mentor for aspiring administrators and on the board of her regional professional development organization.
Jackie has a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education and master’s degrees in both special education and education leadership and administration. In addition to her degrees, she also has certificates in instructional leadership and in advanced graduate studies as a national principal supervisor.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
Presentations by Jackie Ramsay-Tolman
- Don’t Let Anything Get in the Way: Understanding the Technical and Cultural Components That Lead to Systemic and Sustainable PLC at Work® Practices
- Building Systemic Capacity to Close the Gaps for Our Learners: Committing to a Culture of Collective Responsibility and Sustainable, Systemic Growth
- Finding the “Just Right Next Steps” in Your PLC at Work Implementation. Where Are You Now, Where Are You Going?
- Guiding Coalitions Learning Together: Moving Your Collaborative Teams from Current to Even Better Practice
- Bringing the Big Ideas of PLC and RTI at Work™ to Life: Digging Deeper into Systemic Implementation to Support Excellence and Equity
- Strategic Planning with an Instructional Strategy Focus: Making Districtwide Progress with PLC at Work Implementation