Larry Brendtro, PhD, is director of The Resilience Academy and professor emeritus at Augustana University. He has rich, practical experience as a teacher, principal, and psychologist—including 14 years as president of Starr Commonwealth.
Larry Brendtro, PhD, is director of The Resilience Academy. He has rich, practical experience as a teacher, principal, and psychologist—including 14 years as president of Starr Commonwealth, providing alternative schools and treatment programs in Michigan and Ohio.
He has developed graduate programs at the University of Illinois, Ohio State University, and Augustana University, where he continues to research as professor emeritus.
Dr. Brendtro has published over 200 articles and 16 books. He was a member of the US Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention during the tenures of Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama.
He received his BA from Augustana College, his MS from South Dakota State University, and his PhD from the University of Michigan.
Presentations by Larry Brendtro
- Reclaiming Youth at Risk: Discovering Strengths in All Students
- Connecting with Kids in Conflict: Building Responsibility and Respect
- Positive School Climates: Inspired Staff and Engaged Students
- Safe Schools: Creating Cultures of Respect
- The Circle of Courage: Social and Emotional Learning in Action
- Deep Brain Learning: Transforming Young Lives
- Planning Restorative Outcomes: Assessment of Strengths and Needs
- The Resilient Brain: From Trauma to Thriving