Mathematics Unit Planning in a PLC at Work®, High School
Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series, this guidebook provides high school teacher teams with a framework for collectively planning units of study in a professional learning community (PLC). Educators can use this resource to promote student mastery of high school mathematics.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
A guide for collectively planning mathematics units of study in a professional learning community
Champion student mastery of essential mathematics content in grades 9–12. Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series, this guidebook provides high school teachers with a framework for collectively planning units of study in a professional learning community (PLC). The authors share tools and protocols for unwrapping standards, generating unit calendars, developing rigorous lessons, and many other essential team actions.
- Understand how to collaboratively plan units for high school mathematics.
- Study the seven unit-planning elements, and learn how to incorporate each in unit designs.
- Review the role of the PLC at Work® process in enhancing student learning and teacher collaboration.
- Observe model units for Algebra 1, geometry, and Algebra 2.
- Receive tools and templates for effective unit planning.
Product Code: BKF967, EKF530
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 152
“With clarity and common sense, Mathematics Unit Planning in a PLC at Work, High School guides teachers through the collaborative process of designing aligned and focused units of study in mathematics. This practical and reader-friendly tool will quickly fill with sticky notes and earmarked pages once team members get their hands on it!”
“This book is a great tool for teacher teams and instructional leaders. The detailed protocols provide necessary guidance for unit planning. I will highly recommend this book for our high schools.”
“A critically important tool for high school teacher teams. I also think it will be very valuable for solo educators in alternative settings and smaller schools and districts.”
“In this resource packed with tools and real examples, Sarah Schuhl and her coauthors support teacher teams in seeing mathematics as a connection of ideas, not just a group of unconnected units.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.