Not Yet . . . And That’s OK
How Productive Struggle Fosters Student Learning
Every learning challenge is an empowering opportunity to grow. With this teacher-friendly resource, you will learn how to help your students celebrate the academic experience, embrace productive struggle, and deeply value themselves as learners and risk-takers.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Not Yet . . . And That’s OK
Every learning challenge is an empowering opportunity to grow. In Not Yet . . . And That’s OK, author Peg Grafwallner shares how teachers can help students celebrate the academic experience and all it has to offer. Learn specific ways to cultivate a not-yet classroom where productive struggle is encouraged, obstacles are valued, and students see themselves as capable learners and risk-takers.
- Learn how to design classrooms and routines that normalize productive struggle as part of the learning process.
- Discover how to write and apply rigorous learning intentions and scaffolded success criteria that are student friendly.
- Study classroom scenarios and authentic, firsthand look-insides of educators demonstrating the not-yet approach.
- Find out how to communicate with colleagues, students, and parents and guardians to foster positive relationships.
- Receive strategies, protocols, and reproducibles that support instruction, reflection, and the not-yet approach.
Product Code: BKG008, EKF570
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 248
“Not Yet . . . And That’s OK demonstrates the why and how of creating resilient learners through the power of yet. The book is written practically and is a must-read for any educator who is eager to help students overcome the kinds of learning struggles that will surely bring success to their future.”
“Not Yet . . . And That’s OK is a timely book for educators as they address gaps in learning. It includes personal anecdotes that humanize the challenges teachers encounter as we seek to ensure all students are successful. Along with research-based findings, Peg Grafwallner has also incorporated practical, implementable ideas by including templates and suggestions from teachers. This book is a perfect resource for a book discussion, with thoughtful questions at the end of each chapter.”
“So many times, I leave professional development sessions understanding a need to change my teaching approach but with no concrete idea of what my solution should look like. Peg Grafwallner provides suggestions and examples I can immediately put to use as I work toward creating an environment that reintroduces the joy of learning while preserving the integrity of education. It provides the answers I’ve been looking for to move students forward in their education with an emphasis on learning rather than students just “redoing” challenging work to accumulate points or opting out of that work entirely.”
“This is an extraordinary book, research based, classroom perfected, and perfect for now. I love Peg’s not-yet approach, which de-emphasizes grading in favor of impactful feedback, intentional reflection, and much more. This approach, which she supports with useful templates and real-world success stories, will help all students reach their potential, overcoming obstacles along the way.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.