On Your Mark
Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting
Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover strategies to implement effective practices.
On Your Mark
Create and sustain a learning environment where students thrive and stakeholders are accurately informed of student progress. Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover research-based strategies to implement effective grading and reporting practices. Identify policies and practices that render grading inaccurate, and understand the role grades play in students future success and opportunities.
- Question traditional grading and reporting practices, and seek more accurate practices.
- Identify the purpose of grading, and ensure school and classroom visions, practices, and policies support it.
- Implement research-based grading and reporting practices that promote accurate, useful accounts of student learning.
- Understand why traditional practices, such as grading on the curve and offering plus or minus grades, dont fully report student academic performance.
- Examine grading and reporting policies, and make sure they support students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Product Code: BKF606
Page Count: 144
Just finished reading "On Your Mark" by Thomas Guskey. Looking forward to making some changes to my grading practice! Thanks @tguskey !— Cayley Byrne (@feelthebyrne32) October 22, 2017