On Your Mark
Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting
Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover strategies to implement effective practices.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
On Your Mark
Create and sustain a learning environment where students thrive and stakeholders are accurately informed of student progress. Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover research-based strategies to implement effective grading and reporting practices. Identify policies and practices that render grading inaccurate, and understand the role grades play in students future success and opportunities.
- Question traditional grading and reporting practices, and seek more accurate practices.
- Identify the purpose of grading, and ensure school and classroom visions, practices, and policies support it.
- Implement research-based grading and reporting practices that promote accurate, useful accounts of student learning.
- Understand why traditional practices, such as grading on the curve and offering plus or minus grades, dont fully report student academic performance.
- Examine grading and reporting policies, and make sure they support students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Product Code: BKF606, EKF215
Page Count: 144
Just finished reading "On Your Mark" by Thomas Guskey. Looking forward to making some changes to my grading practice! Thanks @tguskey !— Cayley Byrne (@feelthebyrne32) October 22, 2017