Barbara Phillips is an educational presenter and researcher from upstate New York with 23 years of experience in public education. She specializes in effective instruction and leveraging teacher strengths to maximize student achievement and learning.
Barbara Phillips is an educational presenter and researcher from upstate New York with 23 years of experience in public education. She has served as an elementary teacher, middle school principal, regional professional development specialist, adjunct professor of education, and director of preK–12 learning. Barbara specializes in effective instruction and leveraging teacher strengths to maximize student achievement and learning.
In November 2018, Barbara’s “Praise Walk” strategy was highlighted in ASCD’s Educational Leadership magazine as a technique to increase teacher comfort with instructional coaching while enhancing and celebrating quality professional practice within the classroom. Barbara was also featured in instructional coaching and feedback training videos created and promoted by the New York State Education Department.
Barbara earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education, a master’s degree in literacy, and a certificate of advanced study in school administration from SUNY Cortland. She is currently completing her doctorate at Binghamton University.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Barbara Phillips
- Launching Success: Building and Succeeding as a Professional Learning Community
- Praise Walks: Building a Culture of Sharing and Celebrating Best Practices
- Teach a Man to Fish: 5 Essentials to Instructional Growth
- Coaching Women: 5 Leverage Points that Will Launch Women Leaders to Greatness
- When Tradition Meets Best Practice: A Journey to Redefine Grading
- The Picture That Drives Success: Charting the Course of Your PLC Journey
- The Air Feels Different: Strategies for Engaging Students in the PLC Process
- From Clarity to Competence: Translating Essential Standards Into Effective Daily Practice