Brad Sever is an assistant principal at Carmel High School in Indiana. There, he has helped to create and sustain a successful instructional coaching program and grow the school’s International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Brad Sever is an assistant principal at Carmel High School in Carmel, Indiana. There, he has helped to create and sustain a successful instructional coaching program and grow the school’s International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, as well as parts of their dual credit program. He has also served as the school’s testing coordinator and 504 coordinator and oversees the social studies, math, and science departments. An educator since 2002, Brad previously served as a project-based learning coach and an instructional coach in a large urban district, an assistant principal for an expeditionary learning charter school, and a teacher at a middle school, where he helped develop an integrated social studies and language arts project-based learning (PBL) course.
Brad is a national presenter, speaking on PBL, instructional coaching, and leadership. He has worked with more than 100 schools around the United States and Australia, providing professional development for charter, urban, rural, and suburban schools. Since 2010, he has also served as a National Faculty member for PBLWorks (formerly the Buck Institute for Education). He is trained in cognitive coaching, expeditionary learning, equity and inclusion, and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Brad received a bachelor’s degree in secondary social studies education from Huntington University and a master’s degree in educational leadership from Ball State University. He has also completed coursework toward an education specialist degree in educational leadership from Ball State University.
Presentations by Brad Sever
- Activate Engagement: All Hands on Deck
- Five for Instructional Coaches
- Three Ways to Make Learning Meaningful
- Ensuring at Least One Year’s Growth Every Year
- Defining and Integrating SEL Skills in Every Classroom
- Five Steps for Designing Authentic Classroom Experiences
- Protocols and Tools for Activating Learning
- Making Essential Learning Stick
- Ensuring Instructional Coaching Moves the Needle
- How to Plan, Implement, and Sustain Project-Based Learning