Damian Cooper has specialized in student assessment for more than 20 years. He has been a secondary English, special education, and drama teacher; a department head; a librarian; a school consultant; and a curriculum developer.
Damian Cooper is an independent consultant who specializes in helping educators in schools and school districts throughout the world improve their instructional and assessment skills. In his varied career, Damian has been a secondary English, special education, and drama teacher; a department head; a librarian; a school consultant; and a curriculum developer. He has specialized in student assessment for more than 20 years.
Damian served as assessment consultant to the School Division of Nelson Education, where he worked on the development of assessment principles and strategies for a wide variety of K–12 resources. He was also coordinator of assessment and evaluation for the Halton District School Board in Burlington, Ontario.
Damian is the author of Talk About Assessment: Strategies and Tools to Improve Learning and Talk About Assessment: High School Strategies and Tools.
Presentations by Damian Cooper
- Talk About Assessment: Eight Big Ideas to Improve Learning for ALL Students
- Redefining Fair: Assessment, Grading, and Reporting in Today’s Secondary Schools
- Assessment for Learning: Research-Based Strategies and Tools
- Fostering Assessment Literacy at the School and District Levels
- Program Planning With the End in Mind: Unit and Assessment Design
- Different Strokes: How to Plan, Assess, and Grade for Diverse Learners
“This was a valuable workshop, and I am very grateful to have had the time to meet Damian Cooper. Thank you very much!”