Darlene Crane is an author, a speaker, and a consultant with 20 years of experience in education. She is supervisor for instruction for Nanaimo-Ladysmith Public Schools and an instructor at Vancouver Island University.
Darlene Crane is an author, a speaker, and a consultant with 20 years of experience in education. She is supervisor for instruction for Nanaimo-Ladysmith Public Schools in British Columbia and an instructor at Vancouver Island University. Her professional experience also includes serving as an RTI specialist for the West Virginia Department of Education. Darlene has extensive general education and special education classroom teaching experience in addition to her district leadership experience.
Throughout the US and Canada, Darlene has trained teachers and administrators on RTI implementation, including targeted work in mathematics and reading. Darlene’s expertise includes identifying targeted improvements for classroom instruction, designing effective intervention to accelerate student learning, and creating collaborative, mutual-accountability school cultures. She integrates high-quality, effective instructional practices with collaborative activities and rich professional discussions.
Presentations by Darlene Crane
- Designing and Implementing RTI (Reading and/or Mathematics)
- Explicit Instructional Strategies for Elementary Reading and/or Mathematics
- Differentiated Instruction for Elementary and Middle School Students
- Connecting Common Core State Standards to Practical Applications
- Using RTI/Tiered Instruction to Support Personalized Learning
- Establishing and Utilizing Collaborative Teams to Enhance Student Achievement
“She had taken the time and effort to familiarize herself with our school and developed her presentation accordingly. It didn't feel like a cookie-cutter presentation. She was also good at getting us back on track! ”