David Jones is the superintendent for Bonsall Unified School District in California. Throughout David’s 23 years in education, he has also served as a principal, assistant principal, and teacher.
David Jones has more than 20 years of experience in education and is currently serving as superintendent for Bonsall Unified School District in California. Before joining Bonsall USD, Mr. Jones was the superintendent and principal of the Vallecitos School District in San Diego County. He was previously an elementary school principal in the Del Mar Union School District, an assistant principal in the Orange Unified School District, and taught grades 3, 5, and 6 in the Bloomington School District in Minnesota.
David has been named the San Diego County Superintendent of the Year for small school districts, and the North Coastal Consortium for Special Education Administrator of the Year. He and his staff were honored with the Title I Academic Achievement Award from the California Department of Education. David was selected to present on leadership and improving student achievement for the Bill Gates Foundation.
David holds bachelor’s degrees in aeronautical studies and education from the University of North Dakota. He received a master’s degree in education from Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota, as well as a master’s degree in educational administration from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota.
Priority Schools in a PLC at Work®
Hand-selected and trained by PLC at Work champions our Priority Schools in a PLC at Work experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process and have specific experience with the unique challenges that face schools labeled as low performing. Work with them to identify and prioritize critical areas of growth to implement changes in a timely manner with a focus on student achievement.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
Presentations by David Jones
- Building a Collaborative Culture of a Professional Learning Community at Work™
- Developing and Implementing Response to Intervention
- Building a Collaborative Culture and the PLC Structure in a Small School
- Answering and Implementing Four Critical Questions for Your School/District
- Loose and Tight Leadership—Laying the Foundation of a PLC in Your School
- Developing High-Functioning Collaborative Teams in a PLC
- Improving Student Learning with Schoolwide Goals, Grade-Level Goals, Student Goals
- Developing and Assessing Tier I Core Instruction—Essential Standards, Learning Targets, Formative Assessments, Instructional Timelines
- Response to Intervention—Breaking Down Tier II and Tier III Intervention
“David Jones was awesome! He did very well in putting all of the concepts into words that I easily understood. He was also very good in answering any questions that I had.”