Laura Lipton, EdD, is an international consultant whose writing, research, and seminars focus on effective and innovative instructional practices and on building professional and organizational capacities for enhanced learning.
Laura Lipton, EdD, has been a featured speaker at international, national, and state conferences since 1984. She shares her expertise with thousands of educators throughout North America, Central America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. As an international consultant, her writing, research, and seminars focus on effective and innovative instructional practices and on building professional and organizational capacities for enhanced learning.
Laura engages with schools and school districts, designing and conducting workshops on learning-focused instruction, literacy development, and strategies to support beginning teachers. She facilitates organizational adaptivity and learning through training and development in data-driven dialogue, group development, action research, and learning-focused collaborations.
Her authored and co-authored publications relate to organizational and professional development, learning-focused schools, and literacy development. Laura’s recent books include Groups at Work, More Than 100 Ways to Learner-Centered Literacy, Data-Driven Dialogue, Making Mentoring Work, Mentoring Matters, and Pathways to Understanding.
She received a bachelor’s degree in anthropology from City University of New York/Herbert Lehman College and a master’s degree in special education and reading instruction from Long Island University and State University of New York/New Paltz. She also holds a doctorate from Fordham University.
Presentations by Laura Lipton
- Got Data? Now What? Making Data Meaningful in Collaborative Conversations
- Leading Groups: Effective Strategies for Building Professional Community
- Seven Qualities of High Performing Groups
- Designing and Delivering Learning-Focused Presentations
- How to be Time-Effective and Time-Efficient: Making Meetings Matter
- Three Leadership Stances: Presenting, Collaborating, and Facilitating
- Learning-Focused Mentoring: Consulting, Collaborating, and Coaching for Professional Excellence
- Teacher-to-Teacher: Developing Instructional Expertise
- Learning-Focused Supervision: Promoting Focus and Success