Meg Ormiston, in her role as a consultant, partners with school systems that have committed to 21st century learning experiences for everyone. Meg creates a unique partnership in each district, reflecting the mission, vision, and direction that local leaders identify.
Meg Ormiston, in her role as a consultant, partners with school systems that have committed to 21st century learning experiences for everyone. Meg creates a unique partnership in each district, reflecting the mission, vision, and direction that local leaders identify. Her districtwide projects include guiding teams through the visioning process, designing and delivering professional development, facilitating classroom modeling, developing student leaders in technology, and educating parents.
Meg is a teacher, a keynote speaker, and an author/co-author of twelve books, including Creating a Digital-Rich Classroom, which received an honorable mention in the education category for the 2010 Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards. After twelve years teaching and coaching in the classroom, Meg volunteered on her local school board, facilitated grant projects, and continued researching and writing about best practices.
Meg has a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction from the National College of Education at National Louis University and travels globally, sharing her passion for real change in the classroom. She lives in the suburbs of Chicago with her husband, Brian; her sons, Danny and Patrick; and her golden retriever, Sonoma.
To learn more about Meg’s work, follow @megormi on Twitter.
Presentations by Meg Ormiston
- Create Future-Ready Classrooms, Now!
- Designing Teacher-Student Partnership Classrooms
- Personalizing Learning with Technology
- Creating Digital-Rich Classrooms: Teaching and Learning in a Digital World
- Student Voice and Choice with Technology
- Tech Camp
- Taking Standards-Based Lessons from Paper-Pencil to Technology Rich
- Formative Assessment Meets Technology
- Hashtag Sharing of Student Projects
- Problem-Based Learning with Digital Tools
- Increase Student Engagement Using Technology
- Pedagogy and Technology: The Missing Piece in Curriculum Development
- Teaching and Learning: Common Core State Standards and Digital Tools
- Lights, Camera, Engagement!
- Engaging Students in Digital-Rich Classrooms
- The Connected Educator
- Power Googling for Educators
- Teaching and Learning with Technology in CTE Classrooms
- Engaging Students and Teachers in the Media Center with Technology
- Differentiate Instruction Using Technology
- The Digital Leader @ School
“I'm fully engaged and excited to try new technology!”