Jamie Nino is an area superintendent of Sanger Unified School District in California and oversees TK–12 school sites. She specializes in developing leaders at all levels, fostering strong learning cultures, and building fortified PLCs.
Jamie Nino is an area superintendent of Sanger Unified School District in California and oversees TK–12 school sites. She has been an educator for 25 years and has served as a teacher, instructional coach, elementary principal, middle school principal, and the director of curriculum and instruction within her district. Jamie is instrumental in ensuring that the district maintains a continuous improvement model alongside principals. Sanger Unified frequently hosts other districts for visitations to build their professional learning communities (PLC) and Jamie is helpful in this process.
Jamie specializes in developing leaders at all levels, fostering strong learning cultures, and building fortified PLCs. She works with diverse learners and helps to refine practices for English learners and students in special education and to build strong response to intervention (RTI) programs for all learners. She is skilled in developing a guaranteed and viable curriculum (GVC), assessment work, data analysis, and response. Her focus is to help enhance current systems and improve student achievement.
Jamie has led schools that have earned National School to Watch, California Gold Ribbon Awards, Title 1 Academic Award, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (gold level), and Bonner Character awards. Additionally, she is an active participant and board member for the California League of Middle Schools in her region. She was a nominee for Administrator of Year for Fresno County representing Sanger Unified.
She earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from California State University of Fresno.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Jamie Nino
- Refining Our PLCs Using High-Leverage Team Actions (HLTAs)
- Making a Difference in Middle School through Collaboration
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Building Systems for Student Success
- Foundations of a Professional Learning Community
- Unlocking the Power of Student Goal Setting
- Data Coaching and Analysis
- Building a Shared Leadership Approach: Guiding Coalition
- Response to Intervention: Elementary and Secondary
- Coherence, Equity, and Clarity: A Guide to Building a Guaranteed Viable Curriculum within Your District
- Nothing More than a Plate Full
- Building an Academic Vocabulary System That Works
- Celebrations within a Professional Learning Community