30+ Movement Strategies to Boost Cognitive Engagement
Activating Minds and Bodies to Maximize Student Learning
Discover the joy and power of truly embodied learning. This book of instructional strategies by best-selling author Rebecca Stobaugh helps K–12 teachers create a culture of engagement that is not only fun for students and teachers alike but also effective in making the learning stick.
Instructional strategies that integrate movement in the classroom to maximize student engagement
Research shows student movement in the classroom is integral to improving cognitive engagement. But how do you integrate movement and instruction seamlessly and effectively? Author Rebecca Stobaugh guides the way with research-backed strategies utilizing classroom design, class climate, and classroom management. Explore a variety of ways to reimagine your teaching practices and get your students moving while they are actively learning.
This book will help K–12 educators:
- Implement movement-based activities to improve student engagement
- Create a classroom climate that models safety and belonging for all students
- Utilize various strategies for students to participate in pairs, groups, and teams
- Understand the research behind cognitive engagement and embodied learning
- Explore the concept of movement integration in the classroom
Product Code: BKG103
Published By: Solution Tree