Responding to Resistance
Thirty Strategies to Manage Conflict in Your School
Acquire a set of wide-ranging techniques to decisively and efficiently address conflict with staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders. This resource can help educational leaders improve their communication skills and leadership strategies for overcoming staff resistance.
An educational leadership guide to conflict management in the school community
Educational leadership is never conflict free. In Responding to Resistance, author William A. Sommers acknowledges this reality and presents school and district leaders with a set of wide-ranging response strategies. Whether a conflict involves staff, students, parents, or other stakeholders, this book will help you address it openly, decisively, and efficiently, so you have more time to focus on what matters most: improving learning in your school community.
- Become familiar with five primary causes of conflict and four dangers of ignoring conflict.
- Gain foundational communication skills for clarifying issues and defining problems.
- Discover conflict resolution strategies for teams, individuals, and large groups.
- Understand the research and expertise that support each response strategy.
- Learn from realistic vignettes that illustrate common conflicts in schools and how a leader might react effectively to overcome resistance to change.
Product Code: BKF955
Published By: Solution Tree