Community Connections and Your PLC at Work®
A Guide to Engaging Families
Learn step by step how to establish deep-rooted community connections that lead to the lasting betterment of your school or district. Gain key concepts of the professional learning community (PLC) process and how they lead to increased engagement and collaboration with families.
A guide to school community involvement in a PLC
In a PLC, every student, teacher, staff member, parent, and family member is vital to the success of the school. With an emphasis on transparency, mutual trust, and clarity of purpose, this resource provides a road map to growing community engagement and involvement. Learn step by step how to establish deep-rooted relationships that lead to the lasting betterment of your school or district.
- Gain insight into the importance of parent and family engagement with schools as part of students’ success.
- Learn key concepts of the professional learning community (PLC) process and how they apply to fostering school engagement with families and other community stakeholders.
- Gain strategies to encourage community involvement in goal setting within schools.
- Understand how to overcome the barriers of economically disadvantaged families and communities traditionally underserved by schools.
- Acquire best practices for involving stakeholders in a collaborative process of learning and growth.
Product Code: BKF962
Published By: Solution Tree