Inspiring Lifelong Readers
Using Inquiry to Engage Learners in Grades 6–12
Featuring stories from the field and reproducible tools, Inspiring Lifelong Readers emphasizes the importance of reading and creating a community of readers, writers, communicators, and thinkers. This book will help you navigate the demands for students’ attention and enhance student engagement in literacy.
Practical, evidence-based strategies to advance literacy learning and student engagement
Research shows that secondary students need daily opportunities to engage in reading, writing, and communicating to improve reading success. Inspiring Lifelong Readers equips teachers with literacy strategies that achieve lasting results. Grounded in practices that promote adolescent literacy, inquiry, motivation, inspiration, and engagement, this book offers tried-and-true, evidence-based strategies that support students in becoming competent, confident, and engaged readers.
This book will help grades 6–12 teachers and administrators:
- Access practical strategies and reproducible tools to support literacy instruction
- Implement the inquiry approach and workshop framework to effectively advance the literacy skills of all readers
- Curate a classroom library of diverse, inclusive books and other texts that pique students’ interests
- Celebrate student accomplishments by rewarding met goals and continued progress
- Understand the physical and social-emotional classroom environments that create the ideal conditions for literacy engagement
Product Code: BKF947
Published By: Solution Tree