Leading With Intention
Eight Areas for Reflection and Planning in Your PLC at Work®
This guide for reflective, educational leadership will focus your invaluable everyday work in schools. Discover actionable steps for staff collaboration, evidence-based decision making, and change leadership that will ensure student learning comes first.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
40+ educational leadership actions you can use in your school today
As a school leader, your influence and impact on students, staff, and families is beyond measure. Designed as a guide and reflective tool, Leading With Intention will help focus your invaluable everyday work. The authors provide in-depth advice and actionable steps for creating a highly effective school culture in which leaders and teachers collaborate, make evidence-based decisions, and most importantly, believe students are the top priority.
Effective school leadership practices for your professional development:
- Explore eight interrelated areas of school leadership that will assist you in becoming a more synergistic leader.
- Explore four concepts essential to your work in leading schools: collaboration, a shared leadership model, evidence-based decision-making, and a focus on learning.
- Learn how to enhance student achievement in your school or district with the Professional Learning Communities at Work® process.
- Acquire 40+ specific instructional leadership actions you can put into practice immediately.
- Access leadership reflection questions and downloadable reproducibles designed to support your educational leadership development.
Product Code: BKF829, EKF423
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 208
“In this elegant and powerful book, Spiller and Power have created a comprehensive and memorable framework of eight interlocking areas that make it easy for leaders to focus on what gets results.”
“The authors acknowledge the myriad challenges leaders face when working to impact student learning. Through real-life examples, protocols, reflection questions, and end-of-chapter planning tools, Spiller and Power show the reader how to focus on simplicity by articulating what is tight. The reader is left with a manageable plan focused on the right work.”
“The authors provide incredible clarity for leaders at all levels, guiding them to focus on the high-impact strategies that create the greatest leverage for school improvement. This is an essential book for anyone leading the PLC process.”
“For leaders who wish to make the leap from PLC lite to the deep levels of implementation . . . , Spiller and Power offer a wealth of practical tools and strategies. . . . They guide PLC leaders in their quest to lead with intention so that their PLCs flourish.”
“Having a chance to work with Karen Power for three years showed me how we must lead with intention, and not just randomly hope it works. This book will give leaders a practical guide for creating lasting change in their school.”
A2: We are hard at work already planning for our B2S PL in August, wrapping up Leading with Intention(it’s a Great Read- strongly recommend) & I’m putting together a book study for the Fall w/ Amplify your Impact #822chat #LeadingWithIntention #AmplifyYourImpact pic.twitter.com/me0BsTMS7w— Jon-Eric Ziaer (@zlearnmore) May 25, 2019
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.