The New Art and Science of Teaching
This title is a greatly expanded volume of the original The Art and Science of Teaching, offering a framework for substantive change based on Dr. Marzano’s 50 years of education research.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
More Than Fifty New Instructional Strategies for Student Success
This title is a greatly expanded volume of the original The Art and Science of Teaching, offering a competency-based education framework for substantive change based on Dr. Robert Marzano's 50 years of education research. While the previous model focused on teacher outcomes, the new version places focus on student learning outcomes, with research-based instructional strategies teachers can use to help students grasp the information and skills transferred through their instruction. Throughout the book, Marzano details the elements of three overarching categories of teaching, which define what must happen to optimize student learning: students must receive feedback, get meaningful content instruction, and have their basic psychological needs met.
- Explore instructional strategies that correspond to each of the 43 elements of The New Art and Science of Teaching, which have been carefully designed to maximize student engagement and achievement.
- Use ten design questions and a general framework to help determine which classroom strategies you should use to foster student learning.
- Analyze the behavioral evidence that proves the strategies of an element are helping learners reach their peak academic success.
- Study the state of the modern standards movement and what changes must be made in K–12 education to ensure high levels of learning for all.
- Download free reproducible scales specific to the elements in The New Art and Science of Teaching.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
Product Code: BKF776, EKF371
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 152
“As a longtime Marzano devotee, I was pleasantly surprised that the book retained the magic of the original while also approaching learning from a new perspective. The three overarching categories in The New Art and Science of Teaching are a shift from the first edition, in that the original was what the teacher must do, while this new edition draws from what must happen in students’ minds in order to be successful learners. This shift reflects the changing attitudes in education and the influence of growth mindset.”