The Handbook for the New Art and Science of Teaching
This practical handbook will guide you through implementing competency-based education that improves student learning outcomes and academic achievement. Better understand and utilize the research-based instructional strategies and teaching methods of the Marzano framework in your classroom, school, or district.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Your guide to the Marzano framework for competency-based education
Rely on this comprehensive guide to help you implement the teaching methods of Dr. Robert J. Marzano’s The New Art and Science of Teaching framework, which includes over 330 specific instructional strategies, 43 instructional elements, and 10 design questions. Each chapter outlines actionable steps, tips, and examples of implementation that will set you—and your students—up to succeed with this powerful framework in your classroom.
Added insight into Marzano’s research-based instructional strategies and teaching methods:
- Learn the history of Robert J. Marzano’s framework of teaching methods first laid out in his best-selling The Art and Science of Teaching.
- Thoroughly examine the updated The New Art and Science of Teaching framework for competency-based education.
- Explore numerous instructional strategies that correspond to each of the 43 elements of The New Art and Science of Teaching.
- Acquire examples that will assist in the realization of the instructional strategies discussed throughout the book.
- Discover strategies that will improve both the mental and physical environment of the classroom to better support student success.
- Reimagine how to develop relationships with students and generate student engagement.
- Access free reproducibles that will assist in implementing The New Art and Science of Teaching framework in classrooms.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
Product Code: BKF844, EKF437
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 360
“Marzano continues to update and personalize evidence-based research and integrate strategies and practices in The Handbook for the New Art and Science of Teaching. Each area of the comprehensive model speaks to the teacher as a practitioner seeking to further establish and augment his or her professional repertoire. This handbook offers support for teaching and learning chapter by chapter, element by element, and strategy by strategy. Implemented districtwide, schoolwide, teamwide, or by individual teachers, this guide to the framework provides a truly common language that will enhance the understandings, reflections, and practices that spark both teacher and student engagement in learning and lead to a true growth model for educators.”
“Do you want the complete picture of a classroom that moves teacher and student achievement forward faster? Marzano’s Handbook for the New Art and Science of Teaching will help teachers self-assess in the big three areas of instruction: feedback, content, and context. He provides specific tools and strategies guaranteed to improve instruction, from aligning lesson components, to providing equitable responses and strategies, to holding high engagement and expectations for all students. Prepare for growth! An excellent resource for self-, peer, and instructional coaching.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.