Our On-Site Professional Development for Special Education
As states adopt more rigorous academic standards, schools must define how special education fits into standards-aligned curricula, instruction, and assessment. Rely on our experts to provide you with customized guidance as you work to implement inclusive processes and programs that support every learner in your school community.
Julie A. Schmidt discusses how ensuring equitable practices has never been more important.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Your school or district is ready to start building expertise with Special Education professional development. See one-day services
You need specialized professional learning services to continue deepening your expertise with Special Education. See two-to-four-day services
You’re a high-functioning team looking to sustain your expertise, leadership, and achievement through Special Education. See multi-day services
Building Your Skills
Adapting Instruction for Diverse Populations
Provide effective differentiated instruction to students with varying needs, from disabilities to twice-exceptionality.
- Learn how to adjust curriculum in ways that maintain appropriate levels of rigor for all students.
- Consider the importance of collaboration and communication in learning adaptations.
Deepening Your Skills
Collaborative and Inclusive Partnerships Between General and Special Educators
Gain inclusion strategies and collaborative practices with the knowledge, resources, and interventions that highlight K−12 learner skill sets.
- Plan for instructional division of tasks with ongoing reflective collaborative roles and responsibilities.
- Find and prepare differentiated interventions for particular categories of learners and subjects.
- Adapt instructional units with evidence-based interventions for core planning, instruction, and assessment in literacy, mathematics, behavior, and across the disciplines.
- Explore the research-based co-teaching strategies and available resources that allow students to achieve their highest potential within the general education classroom.
General and Special Educators Collaborating in a Professional Learning Community
Achieve dramatic results in student learning in both general and special education classrooms through the framework of a PLC. This service aims to foster collaboration among educators, change instructional practices to improve student results, and discuss the conditions that make special education services most effective.
- Use the key ideas and four critical questions of a PLC to maximize learning for all students.
- Determine priority standards, and study the steps for unpacking these standards into learning targets.
- Discover what tailored instruction does and does not mean.
Sustaining Your Skills
Execute proven strategies and confront special education challenges head-on with expert coaching. Our trusted special education coaches will support you and your staff through every phase of implementation and monitor progress along the way to ensure you hit key benchmarks as you work to achieve sustainable success.
Our team will listen to your specific challenges and prepare and deliver a custom learning plan to meet your needs. With our evidence-based content, along with on-site professional learning and virtual training opportunities, we are uniquely positioned to help you meet the needs of your special education students.
Choose the professional learning timeframe that fits best with your schedule:
- One full-day session
- Two half-day sessions
- Three two-hour sessions