A Teacher’s Guide to Standards-Based Learning
Designed specifically for K–12 teachers, this guide provides a sequential approach to implementing standards-based education in the classroom. Transition to more effective instructional strategies and use standards-based grading and assessment methods to better measure student learning.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
An Instruction Manual for Adopting Standards-Based Curriculum, Grading, and Feedback
When teachers adopt standards-based learning, students take ownership of their education and achievement soars. Written specifically for K–12 teachers, this resource details a sequential approach for connecting curriculum, instruction, assessment methods, and feedback through standards-based education. The authors provide practical advice, real-world examples, and answers to frequently asked questions designed to support you through this important transition.
Implement standards-based grading, instruction, and curriculum in your classroom and school:
- Explore the theories and benefits of a standards-based curriculum.
- Become familiar with several significant paradigm shifts that will help you make a strong transition to a standards-based classroom.
- Explore ways to shift your thinking about teaching and lesson plans in order to better understand content as a vehicle for the achievement of standards.
- Learn how to develop proficiency scales that will offer guidance in teaching to standards and establishing informative classroom assessment for student learning.
- Discover new styles of instruction, educational assessment, feedback, and curriculum building that are well suited to standards-based education.
- Understand how to develop student ownership through the setting of goals.
- Access free downloadable reproducibles available with this book.
Product Code: BKL044, EKL036
Published By: Marzano Resources
Page Count: 176
"A Teacher's Guide to Standards-Based Learning systematically shows how standards-referencing defines and unifies planning, instruction, and assessment. The book is more than a 'how-to' primer; it explains why as well as telling how, contains helpful charts for teacher use, and provides a wealth of suggestions for involving students in the process of using standards not only as the end point of learning, but as part of the journey."
"Transitioning to a standards-based classroom can be challenging. A Teacher's Guide to Standards-Based Learning, situated squarely within Marzano's framework, will serve teachers and instructional leaders well as they transition to instructional, feedback, and assessment strategies that support learners. This book is a practical and sequential companion for teachers and provides clear, working definitions and examples to assist the practitioner in this journey."
"Readers will find A Teacher's Guide to Standards-Based Learning an accessible resource for professional development in standards-based learning. The authors have effectively blended best practices with practical guidance that can be realistically implemented in the classroom."
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.