Stick the Learning
Brain-Based Teaching Techniques to Increase Retention, Application, and Transfer
Research shows that desirable difficulties as achieved with spaced repetition, interleaving, and retrieval (SIR) have positive long-term impacts on student learning, because the learning sticks. This book guides you through these three techniques for a more brain-compatible classroom geared toward student success.
Powerful brain-based techniques to accelerate learning and ensure long-term student success
Combing through research for effective teaching strategies is a big ask for busy educators. This concise guide bridges brain-based learning theory with everyday instructional practice to maximize teacher effectiveness for visible student achievement. Learn three powerful, doable techniques proven to support long-term retention: spaced repetition, interleaving, and retrieval (SIR). Explore engaging activities designed to improve student retention, application, and transfer by easily integrating SIR into your classroom.
This user-friendly guide to sticky learning will help K–12 teachers
- Understand the SIR techniques that support a brain-compatible classroom
- Use activities to better implement SIR in the classroom
- Understand the importance of utilizing repetition and interleaving alongside retrieval
- Increase student achievement
- Reflect on their own growth and success in implementing SIR techniques
Product Code: BKG083
Published By: Solution Tree