Making Grades Matter
Standards-Based Grading in a Secondary PLC at Work®
Rely on this practical guide to help your PLC implement a standards-based grading system at the secondary education level. Further your professional growth as an educator and discover motivational strategies for students to help them increase achievement.
A practical guide for PLCs and standards-based grading at the secondary education level
Maximize learning by making grades more meaningful and motivating to students. With the support of this practical guide, professional learning communities (PLCs) will discover a clear road map for implementing a standards-based grading system at the secondary level. The authors provide all of the actionable ideas and tools needed to not only transition to this improved system but to achieve the greatest possible success with it.
- Study the foundational theories behind the standards-based grading system and how it interacts with and is supported by the PLC process.
- Learn how to use grades to effectively communicate students’ mastery of learning standards.
- See what makes ungraded homework and independent practice a better tool to improve learning and enhance students’ motivation to study.
- Understand the value of allowing students multiple opportunities to demonstrate their learning when taking assessments.
- Gain valuable insights for administrators and leaders into the multiyear journey of implementing standards-based grading.
Product Code: BKF939
Published By: Solution Tree