25 Strategies to Light the Fire of Engagement
Instill a lasting love of learning in students of any age. Learn why students disengage and how to motivate them to achieve success with a five-step framework.
Learn why students disengage and how to motivate them to achieve success with a five-step framework. Research-based strategies and fun activities show how to instill a lasting love of learning in students of any age. Classroom tips and troubleshooting advice for common motivation problems prepare readers for the real-world ups and downs of motivating students.
- Gain concrete, research-based strategies for counteracting both long- and short-term disengagement.
- Understand the importance of quality relationships between teachers and students.
- Explore the impact of positive reinforcement and feedback.
- Learn a simple three-step process to motivate students to engage.
- Facilitate team discussion about motivation and engagement with a Campfire Talk that closes each chapter.
Classroom Management & BehaviorStudent Engagement
Product Code: BKF371
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 240
“Motivation can be the key ingredient between a student's success and failure in school. [This book] is a guide for educators and other academic leaders who want to encourage education as valuable in their students at any level. Key subjects are making sure no student falls too much behind, remembering to find some fun even in the most drudging of subjects, while remembering to keep expectations high to drive kids to succeed. With plenty of highly researched strategies presented, authors Carolyn Chapman and Nicole Vagle want to make sure enthusiasm remains high with teachers as well as students. [This book] is an invaluable educational guide for those who see boredom and frustration as the bane of higher learning.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.