Managing Unstoppable Learning
Develop a collective approach to student behavior management based on the Unstoppable Learning framework. The included classroom management strategies will help you create a positive learning environment that maximizes student engagement and learning outcomes.
Classroom behavior management strategies to support social and emotional learning
First introduced in Unstoppable Learning, the Unstoppable Learning framework details seven essential elements of teaching and learning: (1) planning, (2) launching, (3) consolidating, (4) assessing, (5) adapting, (6) managing, and (7) leading. This resource by Tom Hierck focuses specifically on the element of managing learning outcomes in the classroom environment, outlining a collective approach to behavior management strategies and student engagement that minimizes the impact of negative behaviors and maximizes the potential (as well as the social and emotional learning) of each student.
Effective classroom management strategies to create a positive learning environment:
- Review the Unstoppable Learning framework originally laid out by Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey.
- Closely examine how to manage student behavior and classroom climate using the Unstoppable Learning framework’s proven approach.
- Become familiar with classroom management strategies for creating a positive learning environment, developing teacher-student relationships, and dealing with problem behaviors.
- Benefit from summaries of key points at the end of each chapter, as well as questions for reflection.
- Access free reproducibles designed for reader reflection on classroom behavior management strategies.
Classroom Management & BehaviorInstruction
Product Code: BKF819
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 128
“Tom Hierck gives educators the tools they need to create a learning environment that is intentional and positive. Managing Unstoppable Learning isn’t just something you do, it is everything you do!”
“Tom Hierck makes the case for how classroom management isn’t an authoritarian assertion of power; it’s a responsibility that ensures learning for all students. Managing Unstoppable Learning offers proactive and responsive strategies teachers can use to create an empowering classroom where students can choose behaviors that help them and their classmates learn.”