Charting the Course for Leaders
Lessons From Priority Schools in a PLC at Work®
This thorough leadership resource offers clear steps leaders can take to turn their priority school around. Discover how struggling schools can implement a strong coaching system, create and align schoolwide SMART goals, and prioritize time for collaboration to overcome obstacles and ensure learning for all.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Strategies to boost student achievement in priority schools
This all-encompassing anthology delivers clear steps that leaders can take throughout the PLC at Work® process to turn their priority schools around. Every key topic is considered and discussed—from prioritizing time for collaboration to implementing effective coaching to aligning school and district goals. Over the course of 13 chapters, readers will grow in their role as leaders and gain a clear vision of how to evolve their priority school into a thriving place of learning.
- Discover how to effectively reframe accountability so everyone buys into the collective aspect of student learning.
- Focus on creating and aligning SMART goals—schoolwide, at the collaborative team level, and at the individual teacher level.
- Get ideas for extending work for proficient students, which can help boost a school’s grade.
- Provide targeted feedback and effectively moderate and liaise within your professional learning communities.
- Implement a strong, collaborative coaching system to support teacher development.
Product Code: BKF979, EKF542
Published By: Solution Tree
“Wonderfully crafted and such powerful and applicable practices from extremely talented professionals in the world of priority schools and increasing human capital! This book covers all the bases and provides school leaders with differentiated and intentional support to help all students and teachers reach their full potential in a PLC at Work.”
“This anthology is packed with research-affirmed practices from educators who represent an ongoing commitment to the students, teachers, schools and districts he or she supports. Chapters are organized in an explicit structure to foster best practices in teaching and improve team learning outcomes.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.