Standards-Based Learning in Action
Learn how to overcome the knowing-doing gap in standards-based learning systems, and move toward unpacking the standards and learning targets your students need.
- Explore concrete steps for putting standards-based learning, grading, and instruction into action.
- Implement schoolwide change beginning with classroom practices.
- Address common implementation mistakes and challenges.
- Effectively sequence units and align them with unpacked standards.
- Create effective proficiency level scales and rubrics.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Standards-Based Learning in Action
Chapter 2: Standards Alignment in Action
Chapter 3: Formative Assessment in Action
Chapter 4: Effective Feedback in Action
Chapter 5: Meaningful Homework in Action
Chapter 6: Self-Assessment in Action
Chapter 7: Summative Assessment in Action
Chapter 8: Redos, Retakes, and Reassessment in Action
Chapter 9: Proficiency Scales and Rubrics in Action
Chapter 10: Standards-Based Reporting in Action
- Behavior Self-Awareness Scale
- Learner Behavioral Characteristics
- Standard With Learning Targets
- Student Growth
- Formative Assessment Types by Classroom Setting
- Growth Data Chart
- Informal, Unobtrusive Formative Assessment Methods
- Unpacked Benchmarks
- Feedback-Focused Portfolio
- Here’s what. So what? Now what? Feedback
- Plan for Common Misconceptions
- SE2R Feedback
- Student Feedback Reflection
- TAG! You’re it! Feedback
- Choice Based on Self-Assessment
- Self-Assessment Tool 1
- Self-Assessment Tool 2
- Self-Assessment Tool 3
- Self-Assessment Tool 4
- Four-Level Rubric
- High-Quality Proficiency Scale
- High-Quality Rubric
- Proficiency Levels and Student Participation
- Proficiency Scale Descriptors
- Method 1 Converting to Letter Grades
- Method 2 Converting to Letter Grades
- Method 3 Converting to Letter Grades
- Online Gradebook
- Standards-Based Gradebook
- Erkens, C., Schimmer, T., & Vagle, N. D. (2018). Instructional Agility: Responding to Assessment With Real-Time Decisions. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Vagle, N. D. (2014). Design in Five: Essential Phases to Create Engaging Assessment Practice. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.