Acquire evergreen instructional coaching strategies alongside fresh new solutions for guiding new and veteran teachers, addressing teacher self-care, promoting teacher well-being, and more. Learn how to provide a solid foundation of physical, emotional, instructional, and institutional support for educators.
- Review research surrounding best teacher coaching practices.
- Explore strategies for differentiating coaching practices for teachers at every stage of their career.
- Study the four types of support, and learn how to match support to meet each teacher’s needs during different phases of the school year.
- Use interactive activities, tools, and templates to help support all teachers in increasing their expertise.
- Consider how self-care and professional wellness for adults are foundational supports for social-emotional learning for students.
- Answer end-of-chapter questions to reflect on your journey and deepen your understanding.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Portrait of You, an Instructional Coach
Chapter 2: An Effective Coaching Relationship
Chapter 3: The Phases of the School Year and the Four Types of Support
Chapter 4: Physical and Institutional Support for New and New-to-the-Building Teachers
Chapter 5: Emotional Support and Educator Wellness for All Teachers
Chapter 6: Instructional Support for All Teachers
- Figure 6.1: Questions to Stimulate Authentic Growth
- Figure 6.2: Plan Template for Narrowing Focus
- Figure 6.6: Progress-Tracking Guide
- Guidelines for Encouraging Teacher Self-Reflection
- Boogren, T. H. (2015). Supporting beginning teachers. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Boogren, T. H. (2018). Take time for you: Self-care action plans for educators. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Boogren, T. H. (2020). 180 days of self-care for busy educators. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Conzemius, A., & O’Neill, J. (2014). The handbook for SMART school teams: Revitalizing best practices for collaboration (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Eaker, R., & Marzano, R. J. (Eds.) (2020). Professional Learning Communities at Work and High Reliability Schools: Cultures of continuous learning. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J. (2012). Becoming a reflective teacher. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Marzano, R. J. (2017). The new art and science of teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J., Rains, C. L., & Warrick, P. B. (2020) Improving teacher development and evaluation: A guide for leaders, coaches, and teachers. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Marzano, R. J., Scott, D., Boogren, T. H., & Newcomb, M. L. (2017). Motivating and inspiring students: Strategies to awaken the learner. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Marzano, R. J., & Simms, J. A. (2013). Coaching classroom instruction. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.