Deep Change Leadership
Change efforts often fail to meet their desired ends. Learn how to make a real, sustainable impact with Deep Change Leadership. This school leadership resource highlights engagement, inquiry, and focused action as part of an effective leadership model.
- Explore the principal impediments to effective change leadership, including fragmentation and the myth of universal buy-in.
- Learn the means by which you can gauge your and your school’s or district’s readiness for change.
- Study the characteristics of deep change leadership, which involves deciding what does not change, supplementing passion with purpose, and narrowing your focus.
- Discover how to make sound course corrections and avoid mistakes in change leadership.
- Understand real results in terms of both outcomes and causes.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Recognizing Schools’ Need for Deep Change
Chapter 2: Understanding the Pain Inherent in Change
Chapter 3: Exposing the Myth of Buy-In
Chapter 4: Getting Ready for Deep Change
Chapter 5: Deciding What Does Not Change
Chapter 6: Imagining
Chapter 7: Focusing
Chapter 8: Implementing
Chapter 9: Accelerating
Chapter 10: Making Course Corrections
Chapter 11: Anticipating Mistakes in Change Leadership
Chapter 12: Building a Team for Deep Change
Epilogue: Iceberg Ahead
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., Reeves, D., & DuFour, R. (2018). Responding to the Every Student Succeeds Act with the PLC at Work process. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Guskey, T. R. (2020a). Get set, go: Creating successful grading and reporting systems. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (2016). From leading to succeeding: The seven elements of effective leadership in education. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (2020a). Achieving equity and excellence: Immediate results from the lessons of high-poverty, high-success schools. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D., & Eaker, R. (2019). 100-day leaders: Turning short-term wins into long-term success in schools. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D., & Reeves, B. (2017). The myth of the muse: Supporting virtues that inspire creativity. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.