Establishing a Lasting Legacy
Six Steps to Maximize Your Leadership Impact and Improve Teacher Retention
Grow as an authentic leader and retain great teachers with Establishing a Lasting Legacy. Built on foundational leadership principles, this resource offers practical tools and suggestions that will help you develop teacher self-efficacy, address retention problems, build positive relationships, and more.
- Understand why there is a teacher retention problem and ways to provide needed support to educators.
- Learn how to grow your own leadership skills as well as how to build collective efficacy schoolwide.
- Discover how to increase transparency, self-efficacy, and trust with staff.
- Receive reflection questions, prompts, and templates to deepen learning and understanding of the material.
- Study vignettes, examples, and advice from experienced educators.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Introduction: What Will Be Your Legacy?
Part One: Who Am I, Who Are You, Who Are We?
Chapter 1: Lead Authentically
Chapter 2: Develop Teacher Self-Efficacy
Chapter 3: Build a School of Collective Efficacy
Part Two: What Matters Most?
Chapter 4: Build and Rebuild Trust
Chapter 5: Listen to Your People
Chapter 6: Develop a Shared Vision
- Strengths and Weaknesses Comparison Tool
- Leadership Values Reflection Template
- Authentic Decision Making Through Balanced Processing Checklist
- Establishing Authentic Leadership Rating Scale
- Job-Embedded Professional Development Tracker Template
- Mastery Experience Considerations Template
- Developing Teacher Self-Efficacy Rating Scale
- Strengths and Passions Reflection Tool
- Staff Observational Checklist
- Peer Coaching Form
- Peer Coaching Pre- and Post-Observation Conference Worksheet
- Building a School of Collective Efficacy Rating Scale
- Facets of Trust Worksheet
- Trust-Building Exercise
- PEACE Problem-Solving Template
- Building and Rebuilding Trust Rating Scale
- DuFour, R. (2015). In praise of American educators: And how they can become even better. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Kanold, T. D. (2011). The five disciplines of PLC leaders. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Martin, T. L., & Rains, C. L. (2018). Stronger together: Answering the questions of collaborative leadership. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J., Warrick, P. B., Rains, C. L., & DuFour, R. (2018). Leading a high reliability school. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.