Every School, Every Team, Every Classroom
District Leadership for Growing Professional Learning Communities at Work™
The PLC journey begins by articulating a moral purpose: a dedication to ensuring that every student learns. Using many examples and reproducible tools, the authors explain the need to focus on creating simultaneous top-down and bottom-up leadership to align district- and school-level policies and procedures. Learn how to grow PLCs by providing direction and encouraging innovation at every level of the district.
- Understand the real work that districts must do to ensure that every school implements PLC practices.
- Explore how to build excitement and commitment to the PLC mission.
- Build shared knowledge of PLC practices with school board members, principals, teams, individual teachers, and the broader community.
- Gain strategies for district leaders to support and monitor the critical work of principals in creating collaborative teams.
- Get strategies and tools to help teacher teams focus their collaborative work on student learning.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: A New Way to Lead Schools
Chapter 2: Articulating a Moral Purpose
Chapter 3: Building Shared Knowledge
Chapter 4: Aligning Policies, Practices, and Procedures With the Learning Mission
Chapter 5: Leading Collaborative Teams
Chapter 6: Ensuring a Focus on Student Learning
Chapter 7: Ensuring Adult Learning
Chapter 8: Assessing District Progress
- Common Formative Assessment: High School Geometry Team Example
- Common Formative Assessment: Third Grade Example
- Essential Outcomes: High School Geometry Team Example
- Figure 4.3: Critical Questions for District Office Consideration
- Figure 4.4: Critical Questions for Principal Consideration
- Figure 4.5: Sample Collaboratively Developed, Learning-Aligned Position Description for a Building Learning Coordinator
- Figure 4.6: Sample Principal Interview Questions Aligned With a Learning Mission
- Figure 5.4: Teamwork Monitoring Form
- Figure 6.7: Team Common Assessment Analysis Worksheet
- A Staff Perceptual Survey on District Progress Toward Becoming a PLC
- Unit Plan for Intervention and Enrichment Example