Access concrete ideas and effective coaching strategies for improving your team’s professional practice around the essential elements of the PLC at Work® process. Discover instructional coaching strategies to enhance your team’s professional practice.
- Review essential elements of effective PLCs and how these essential elements influence the instructional coaching of collaborative teams.
- Study the Strategy Implementation Guide (SIG) and Pathways for Coaching Collaborative Teams tools and how to use them in the coaching of collaborative teams.
- Acquire new insights, confront new questions, and explore new approaches that promote higher levels of student learning and effective professional learning communities for teachers.
- Discover numerous strategies to use during the effective group coaching of collaborative teams at every stage of learning to meet adaptive challenges.
- Learn the benefits of “drilling deeper” into the PLC process, as well as viewing the teacher as a reflective practitioner.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: Making a Commitment to Coaching Teams
Chapter 1: Creating Habits of Professional Practice
Chapter 2: Identifying How PLC Elements Thrive in a Coaching Culture
Part II, Understanding Essential Elements of Highly Effective Teams in a PLC at Work
Chapter 3: Learning Together—The Power of Collective Inquiry
Chapter 4: Staying Restless—The Impact of Continuous Improvement
Chapter 5: Being Urgent—The Value of an Action Orientation
Chapter 6: Getting Better—The Significance of a Focus on Results
Part III: Coaching Collaborative Teams in PLCs at Work
Chapter 7: Assessing a Team’s Current Reality
Chapter 8: Believing in Your Team—Creating Collective Efficacy
Chapter 9: Creating an Action Plan for Coaching Collaborative Teams
Appendix A: Stages of Learning and Essential Elements of a Highly Effective PLC
Appendix B: Action-Planning
Appendix C: Communicating the Action Plan
- DuFour, R. (2015). In Praise of American Educators: And How They Can Become Even Better. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R. & Eaker, R. (1998). Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Student Achievement. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Lipton, L. & Wellman, B. (2012). Got Data? Now What? Creating and Leading Cultures of Inquiry. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Many, T. W., Maffoni, M. J., Sparks, S. K., & Thomas, T. F. (2018). Amplify Your Impact: Coaching Collaborative Teams in PLCs at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.