Best Practices at Tier 1, Elementary
Daily Differentiation for Effective Instruction, Elementary
Improve core instruction to ensure learning for all. Created specifically for K–5 educators, this book provides proven response to intervention strategies to differentiate instruction, engage students, increase success, and avoid additional interventions. Discover how to identify essential power standards to include in Tier 1 instruction, create a brain-friendly learning environment, shift instructional processes to support collaboration, and more.
- Understand the power of RTI to enhance core instruction and provide timely, targeted, and systematic interventions for students in need.
- Gain effective strategies to differentiate learning, and understand the variety of ways students learn.
- Incorporate the four Cs—communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking—into curriculum design.
- Shift from teacher-centered to student-centered instruction to enhance learning.
- Use formative assessment and preassessment to plan for instruction and extend learning tasks when necessary.
- Raise the bar for all learners by enhancing rigor and providing learners opportunities to grow.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Shifting to Collaborative Core Instruction
Chapter 2: Creating Brain-Friendly Learning Environments
Chapter 3: Finding Each Student's Learning Sweet Spot
Chapter 4: Developing a Powerful Core Curriculum
Chapter 5: Differentiating Instruction Through Pluralized Teaching Strategies
Chapter 6: Using Data to Inform Instruction
Chapter 7: Building Cognitive Rigor, Depth, and Complexity
Epilogue: Embracing the Journey
- Common Assessment Team Protocol
- Comparing Bikes and Cars
- Comparing Two Countries
- Comparing Types of Habitats
- Cross-Classification Chart
- Developing a Brain-Friendly Classroom
- Elementary Student Preferences Survey
- Essential Standards Chart
- Problem-Solving Question Chart
- Rewriting RI.4.6
- Sample Adjustable Lesson
- Student Profile Placemat
- Vocabulary Preassessment Chart
- Edutopia, "Multiple Intelligences Self-Assessment
- Literacy Works, "Find Your Strengths Assessment”
- Surfaquarium, "Multiple Intelligences Inventory”
- Teachers Pay Teachers, "Multiple Intelligence Survey for Kids”
- Curriculum Corner
- Great Minds, "Curriculum Tools”
- Marzano Research, "Proficiency Scale Bank”
- Rogers Public Schools in Arizona
- Education Place, "Graphic Organizers”
- "The Flipped Classroom”
- Khan Academy
- Pencils, "How to Take Better Notes”
- RohDesign, The Sketchnote Handbook
- School in the Cloud
- "Why I Flipped My Classroom”
- ABCya.com, "Friendly Letter Maker”
- Neag Center for Creativity, Gifted Education, and Talent Development