Teaching ELs in a Professional Learning Community
Discover the components of a PLC that teacher leaders utilize to help close the achievement gap for students who are learning English as a second language.
- Learn how to listen to the needs of ELs and change your expectations and behavior for more effective learning results.
- Determine how district and school leaders can work collaboratively to create policies and practices that ensure ELs excel.
Essentials for Teaching Reading and Comprehension to ELs
Determine how to effectively close the learning gap for ELs.
- Gain practical instructional strategies and assessment processes for developing academic vocabulary.
- Acquire lesson templates that will help integrate vocabulary, reading comprehension skills, and writing strategies into math, science, social studies, and language arts.
Learn from the best. Bring expert leaders to your school. Request PD
You want to . . .
- Close the achievement gap by ensuring ELs have the support they need.
- Differentiate instruction for ELs.
- Build background knowledge and vocabulary effectively.
Here’s how we can help
Discover powerful practices for teaching ELs with the help of our experts. You’ll gain practical strategies for teaching academic vocabulary, reading, and writing using evidence-based instruction. We’ll help you construct common assessments for ELs, restructure roles so that all teachers are accountable for ELs’ learning, and implement systems for student assessment and placement.
See all presenters