Robin J. Fogarty
Robin J. Fogarty, PhD, has trained educators throughout the world in curriculum, instruction, and assessment strategies. She has taught at all levels, served as an administrator, and consulted with state departments and ministries of education.
Robin J. Fogarty
Robin J. Fogarty, PhD, has trained educators throughout the world in curriculum, instruction, and assessment strategies. She has taught at all levels, from kindergarten to college, served as an administrator, and consulted with state departments and ministries of education in the United States, Puerto Rico, Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, Korea and the Netherlands.
Robin has written articles for Educational Leadership, Phi Delta Kappan, and the Journal of Staff Development. She is author of Brain-Compatible Classrooms, Ten Things New Teachers Need to Succeed, and Literacy Matters. She is coauthor of How to Integrate the Curricula, The Adult Learner, A Look at Transfer, Close the Achievement Gap, Twelve Brain Principles That Make the Difference, Nine Best Practices That Make the Difference, and Informative Assessment. Her work includes a leadership series called From Staff Room to Classroom.
Dr. Fogarty earned a doctorate in curriculum and human resource development from Loyola University Chicago, a master’s in instructional strategies from National-Louis University, and a bachelor’s in early childhood education from the State University of New York at Potsdam.
Presentations by Robin J. Fogarty
- How to Teach Thinking Skills Within the Common Core
- From Staff Room to Classroom: Foster Transfer of Learning
- Who’s Doing the Talking? Designing Student-Centered Classrooms
- PBL in a Nutshell: A Decision-Making Process
- The Right to Be Literate: Six Essential Literacy Skills for the 21st Century
- Authentic Strategies to Prepare for Performance Tasks
- Supporting Differentiated Instruction: A PLC Approach
- Teaching Students to Think Critically and Make Decisions
- Preparing for the Test of Life, Not Just for the Test
- Classroom Strategies to Teach Thinking: Going Beyond Content
- RTI Tier 1: The Brain-Compatible, Differentiated Classroom
- RTI Tier 2: Revisit! Review! Reteach! Revise!
- How to Lead in the Common Core: The Principal’s Perspective
- Informative Assessments: When It’s Not About a Grade
- English Learners: All Students Can Think at Grade Level
- Literacy Matters Across the Disciplines
- Whole-Class Differentiation: Reaching and Teaching All Students
- Brain-Compatible Learning: Different Brains, Different Learners
- 21st Century Classrooms: How to Integrate Curricula for Project Learning
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills: Capture! Captivate! Close!
- Principals Coaching Teachers: The New Leadership Skill
- Facilitation Tools for PLCs: Begin the Conversation
- Three-Tiered Lesson Design: Concrete! Representational! Abstract!
- Explicit Teaching: Talk-Through! Walk-Through! Drive-Through!
- Common Core Standards: Raising Rigor in Classrooms