Shelley Taylor is a director with the Consortium for Educational Change, an Illinois-based nonprofit organization. She has 16 years of experience as a teacher, instructional coach, and district administrator.
Shelley Taylor is a director with the Consortium for Educational Change, an Illinois-based nonprofit organization affiliated with the Illinois Education Association. CEC works with teachers, school and district administrators, and school board and union members to improve student learning and achievement. As the core service director for teacher effectiveness, Shelley supports CEC through the design, development, and training in the areas of teacher evaluation, new teacher induction and mentoring, and co-teaching/inclusion practices.
Shelley has 16 years of experience as a teacher, instructional coach, and district administrator. In these roles, she has been successful in creating and implementing staff development and mentoring on RTI, professional learning communities, instructional coaching, common assessments, balanced literacy, and co-teaching. Shelley also has extensive experience in managing grants, including the No Child Left Behind Consolidated Federal Grant.
Shelley earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from National-Louis University and a master’s degree in teaching from the University of St. Mary. She also holds an educational leadership endorsement from DePaul University and is a National Board Certified Teacher and early childhood through young adult exceptional needs specialist.
Presentations by Shelley Taylor
- Teacher Evaluation: Moving Beyond Compliance
- Co-Teaching Foundations and Implementation
- Teacher Leaders and Instructional Coaching Network
- Inter-rater Reliability and Agreement Systems
- Emerging Leadership for Learning Organizations
- Designing Effective Teacher Evaluation Systems
- Teacher Induction and Mentoring
- Implementing the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Teacher Evaluation
- Light, Camera, Action: Future Teachers
- Peer Assistance and Review: Building a PAR System